I am currently working at Trifacta.
I was previously a Node.js software engineer at Zendesk. I wrote their real-time notification infrastructure (Radar) and many other things.
Before that I was a doctoral student (Information Systems Science) at Aalto University School of Economics. I have a Masters in Cognitive Science from Helsinki University, and am proud to be a United World College graduate.
Books I've written (freely available)
Code highlights github/mixu >>
Recent blog posts blog.mixu.net >>
npm packages I've written npmjs.org >>
- gluejs. Build CommonJS modules for the browser via a chainable API.
- miniee. An EventEmitter-like client and server side library for routing events w/regexps.
- nwm. Dynamic window manager for X11.
- pixiedust. RESTful lazy chainable API generator.
- requireincontext. Wrapper to require() js files in a custom context.
- On single page apps at HTML5Conf 2012 in SF
- On real-time at larger scale at NodeConf 2012 in Portland
- On Node and Socket.io at Zendesk at Node.js Club SF on November 30th 2011 in San Francisco
- On Node.js at Frontend.fi on May 11th 2011 in Helsinki